Cook like Chef Ahmad!
A learning experience like no other...
"I could eat Ahmad's food exclusively, if given the chance, and would love to learn how to make all his dishes. He was a champion of eating and cooking with whole, organic, fresh foods long before doing so became fashionable. Taking cooking classes with him is almost as much fun as actually eating the food!"
-- Mary W., Maine
My classes will introduce you to authentic Arabic/Syrian Cuisine. In class, you'll discover delicious combinations of healthful and colorful foods and prepare dishes in a hands-on environment. Develop cooking skills that will help you understand and improvise recipes. Together we'll prepare soup, chicken, lamb, fish, vegetarian, and vegan dishes. I'll show you where to find high-quality ingredients, fresh herbs, and vegetables. We'll talk about what makes a harmonious Arabic meal, so you can be better prepared when you go out to dine in a middle eastern restaurant or shop at a store.
My classes are recommended by Boston Globe Magazine for "culinary anthropologists." We'll focus on how certain ingredient combinations work better than following a recipe. You'll learn some of the history behind the dishes, as well as some of the rich culinary traditions of Syria and Arab cuisine. Kul-HaneeAnn! (Enjoy!)
Cooking classes are more fun with a friend!
My classes are perfect for holiday parties, birthdays, company events, family get-togethers, and any group-based activity! I am happy to work with your schedule and budget to create a class customized just for you!
Cooking classes for kids and teens:
Hands-on classes with expert guidance by owner/chef Ahmad Yasin, parent of two young children, Sara and Muhammad Mustafa. Ahmad will show your young chefs how to cook and eat their creations! A discount is available for a group of 8 children accompanied by 2 parents.
Individuals seeking to join a class:
I offer cooking classes for beginners, adults, and children accompanied by parents. You can join an open class for $65 per person; please call Ahmad at 617-393-1880 to check class availability.
ready to book a class?
call Ahmad at 617-393-1880 or email email@example.com.
- Group rate is $550 for up to 10 people, with a discount for groups larger than 10 people.
- Individual rate, based on availability, is $55 per person.
- All classes require a minimum of 10 people. Classes that do NOT meet the minimum will be canceled 4-5 days prior to the class date.
- Classes can be tailored for dietary restrictions, birthdays, special events, or for children. I can customize your class to make an event truly special and rewarding for your group.
- Classes are usually 2 to 2.5 hours, and include hands-on cooking, dining together, a complimentary dessert for the group, and recipes to take home.
- All equipment and products are provided. Full payment by check required prior to beginning of class. A full refund will be issued for cancellations 5 days prior to date of class.